Posted by Bisalyakarani Remedies comments (1)
After lots of emails and requests from my readers and fans my today’s discussion is about Constipation.
YES !!!, Constipation, is one of the most common burgeoning digestive problem of the fast-life. It makes life miserable especially for the working people.
Now, What is Constipation?
It refers to the infrequent bowel movements or bowel movements that are hard to eliminate. In medical terms, Constipation is defined as having bowel movements less than 3 times a week and Severe Constipation is less than 1 bowel movement per week.
Types of Constipation in Medical terms:
1. Spastic Constipation or, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) .
2. Obstructive Constipation.
3. Atonic constipation.
There may be several, possibly simultaneous, causes for constipation. Some common causes are discussed below:
- Lack of adequate fiber in diet, low liquid intake and excessive dieting.
- Lack of physical activeness or exercise.
- A change in daily routine such as while traveling or working in rotational shifts.
- A change in life such as Pregnancy and Aging.
- Menopause and Menstruation hormonal and lifestyle changes.
- Ignoring your urge of having bowel movements results to Chronic Constipation.
- Mental stress ,depression,frustation whatever you use the term are the worst contributor to Constipation.
- Dehydration/hypo hydration or excessive loss of body fluid (water) .
- Abusive use of Laxatives.
- Chronic diseases or heavy injury.
- Consuming too much of dairy products.
- Anal fissure or Hemorrhoids causes constipation.
problems, Neurological disorders, Hormonal disorders. Colon
- Problems with intestinal functions.
- Some medicines such as Narcotic pain medicines, Antidepressants, Anticonvulsants, Iron pills, Calcium channel blocking drugs, Antacids may cause Constipation.
- Infrequent bowel movements or bowel movements hard to pass.
- A change in bowel habits.
- Abdominal pain.
- Inflated or swollen abdominal area.
- Sudden rise in frequency and bad smell in gas released out of stomach.
- Having frequent headaches.
- Indigestion problem.
- Below than normal urge to have meals.
- Bad smell in breathe and bitter mouth taste.
- Sluggish feelings.
- In a state of discomfort.
Effects of Constipation:
Constipation should be treated early at the primary stage. Long term no treatment can cause several problems. Some of them are listed below.
- Piles and Anal fissures.
- Fecal impaction.
- Gall bladder problems.
- Heart Disease.
- Weakens immune system of human body.
- Decreases energy level in body.
- Liver and Kidney problems.
- Underactive Thyroid gland.
- Mood swings.
- Rheumatic fever.
- Bowel perforation.
- Rectal prolapse.
- Extreme results to Bowel Cancer.
Constipation is curable if taken proper care.
Some general Tips as a treatment of Constipation:
- Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Eat only when hungry and take home made food while working out of house.
- Drink a lot of water regularly.
- Avoid eating junk foods.
- Avoid taking too much of diary products
- Try to avoid rotational shift jobs if possible.
- Eat foods which are rich in fiber.
- Try massaging your own abdomen area slowly and gently where fecal matter, gas may be trapped.
- Exercise is one of the best relief to constipation. Even a brisk walk of 30 min regularly can help.
- Reduce bread or flour products.
Foods to help Constipation are those rich in dietary Fiber:
- Wholemeal bread
- Brown rice
- Beans and pulses
- Breakfast cereals
- Fruit and vegetables
- Drinking fruit juices and vegetable juices like beetroot juice, apple juice and carrot juice at least 1 hour before meals regularly.
- Ginger tea is a good home remedy for constipation.
- Eat more fruits like Guava,Papaya,Grapes,Pears,
,Raspberries, Strawberries and Gooseberries. Oranges
- Eat 2 apples with peels in an empty stomach.
- Add some Honey or some extra sugar to a glass of milk. Drink twice daily.
- Eat fresh onion.
- Drink Aloe Vera juice regularly.
- Drink a glass of water added with some Lemon juice. At least 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Eating dried fruits like dried Plums, Raisins, or Apricots helps to vanish your bowel problems.
- Add Olive oil to all your meals, including soups and salads.
- Take Fresh vegetables regularly in your meals especially rich in fiber such as Cabbage , Cauliflower, Zucchini, Green beans , Beets, Broccoli, Corn, Spinach, Summer Squash, Peppers, and Celery.
- Take 1 tablespoon of raw Honey twice daily.
- Dissolve 3 to 4 Isabgol (Psyllium seed husks) powder in warm water or warm milk and drink regularly before going to sleep at night.
- Add 2 spoons of castor oil in warm milk and drink. Do this in your off day.
- Drink 5-8 glasses of warm water regularly when you woke up in the morning.
- Take 2-4 tablespoons of ground Flaxseed powder with a glass of water and drink regularly.
- Add spices to your daily meals such as Coriander, Cumin, Turmeric powder, Fennel, and Asafetida.
- Eat Bael fruit regularly for 2 to 3 months.
- Take 1 quarter of distilled water in a pot and pour 1 cup pitted prunes cut in half, 1 tsp cinnamon.Bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.Stir in Lemon juice. Eat as is or spoon over Oatmeal as a sweetener.
- Triphala is also good for constipation relief as it is a combination of herbs.It is available in capsules and tablets. Read the labels of the dosage before using it and do not over use it.
Constipation Treatment Medicines as per Pharmacists and Doctor's review:
1.Dabur Sat Isabgol (Psyllium Husk)
Dabur Sat Isabgol is Instant Mix Natural Fibre of Plantogo Ovata
2.Native Remedies Natural Moves Tablets
Natural Moves combines Aloe Vera and Taraxacum officinale aka Dandelion both known for their laxative properties and beneficial effect on digestive health and Passiflora is added to relax muscles of bowel wall and relieve stress and anxiety
3.Swiss Kriss Herbal Laxative
4.Planetary Formulas Triphala Internal Cleanser
5.Rezvera - Natural Remedies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome and IBS
Eliminate irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) ,improves colon health,supports normal bowel movement.
If you have any suggestions email us or write comments in the box below.We welcome your valuable suggestions. Share it with your friends if you like.
More Health and Healing Articles on: www.HealCity.com
Posted by Bisalyakarani Remedies comments (1)
But, Hair loss a common problem these days. Some people are worst sufferer to tremendous hair fall.
Bishalyakarani is on several researches to find out several symptoms for hair loss and how to prevent hair loss easily.
- Tight hairstyles that pull on hair can cause hair to fall out from the root or to break along the stem.
- Sometimes Hair loss is contributed by Hormonal Imbalances or Fungal Infections.
- Hair fall is a common side effect of various Medications.
- Nutritional deficiencies can contribute to hair fall.
- Chronic diseases, High Fever and Severe Flu are other symptoms to hair loss.
- Caustic chemicals, Permanent Hair colors and Perms are some damaging factors to hair.
- Liver problem and Excessive Mental Stress are worst contributor to hair loss.
- Even some people have found working in night shifts results to hair loss.
- Dandruff and Constipation is considered as reasons for hair loss.
There may be several other reasons for your hair fall which people and researchers are experiencing day after day.
Bishalyakarani's motive is to control hair loss with easy and natural home remedy which you can avail or prepare easily.
- Consume a balanced diet enriched with fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid eating too much of fast foods and alcoholic drinks.
- Deal intelligently with stresses and tensions in your life.Relax.Practise several stress management techniques.
- Do exercise regularly and drink a lot of water everyday.
- Before taking any new medicine read about the side effects associated with it. If hair loss is listed request your physician for an alternative which may reduce your chances to hair loss.
- Avoid using harmful chemicals to color your hair. Avoid hair styles which involve pulling and tugging of hair follicles. Try for relaxed hair styles.
- Remember to wash your hair everyday. Keep your hair clean and dry.
- Never comb your hair when it is wet as hair roots are weakest when they are wet.
- Drink coconut water regularly to prevent hair fall.
Home remedies for Hair loss treatment :
- Rub an onion slice on the balding areas of your scalp which is affected worstly due to hair loss, continue rubbing until the area begins to turn red. Next apply some pure honey to soothe and stimulate the area of your scalp.Practise this remedy if possible twice a day in morning and night to treat your hair fall.
- Prepare a mixture with sage tea and apple cider vinegar in equal proportion. Use it daily as a hair rinse.
- Take a cup of mustard oil and add 4 tablespoons of Henna leaves. Once the oil is cooled down filter and store it in a glass bottle. Massage your scalp once every 2 or 3 days in a week with this liquid mixture.
- Grind black pepper seeds and lime to form a paste and apply the paste on the bald areas of your scalp. This can cause a bit irritation which will increase blood circulation to the hair follicles resulting as the promotion to hair growth. Apply this paste regularly for several weeks.
- Prepare a mixture of Dry Neem leaves, shikakai and Indian Gooseberry.Apply the mixture on scalp and leave it at least for 1 hour before washing your hair.
- Massage your scalp and hair gently daily with Coconut oil or Olive oil or Almond oil.
- Apply the white part of a raw egg keep it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with natural shampoo. A mixture of egg white and lemon juice could also be used to strengthen the hair roots.
- Prepare a mixture with equal parts of Almond oil and Basil oil. Apply this oil mixture on your scalp on alternate days. It may benefit your hair.
- Fresh coriander juice can be massaged onto the scalp to reduce hair fall.
- Consumption of Aamla (Indian gooseberry) is a fair remedy to hair loss, take it with warm water early in the morning before breakfast.
- Make a mixture with equal parts of olive oil ,almond oil, castor oil and coconut oil. Then heat the mixture. Apply it on scalp. Keep it at least for 1 hour before washing your hair. Use it regularly. It’s also a good home remedy for dandruff.
- Grind Henna leaves properly and spread the paste on your scalp and hair, keep it for 4-5 hours before washing your hair. Apply this method atleast once in a week.
- Make a paste of cooked black bean and Methi (Fenugreek) seeds. Apply it on your hair 2 to 3 times in a week. This can reduce hair loss and will add volume to your hair.
- A mixture of an equal quantity of fresh Lime juice and Aamla (Indian gooseberry) juice, applying to scalp also stimulates your hair and prevents hair fall.
- Prepare a hair pack by mixing Aamla powder with an Egg. Apply it to your hair and leave for at least 30 minutes. Then wash your hair.
- Prepare a paste by mixing 2 Eggs, with 2 tablespoons each of Aamla, Reetha and Shikakai powder. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Use it for 3 to 4 times per week.
- Mix soaked Methi (Fenugreek) seeds , shikakai powder, reetha powder, Aamla (Indian gooseberry) powder, dried lemon, and 2 eggs, and grind them to form a paste. Massage this paste onto hair and scalp and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. After that wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Prepare a mixture of Triphala powder with Aloe Vera and apply it on your hair for a period of 6 months. It has been found that this method stops hair fall as well as promote hair growth.
- Apply coconut milk on your scalp. Ensure to rub the coconut milk into the hair roots. It’s has been found as helpful treatment for hair loss.
- Mix Shikakai powder with water that is drained from the cooked rice and wash your hair with it.
- Boil a few hibiscus flowers in Coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair fall.
There are lots more methods for hair treatments.We just shared which has been suggested by several friends as they have found them good to control hair loss.
If you have any suggestions email us or write comments in the box below. We welcome your valuable suggestions. Share it with your friends if you like.
Recommendations both for Men and Women: